Get your pint glasses ready for the strangest beer festival in Reno
If regular craft beer bores you then the second year of Strange Brew Festival is your kind of event. Hosted by Brewers Cabinet during the first weekend of Reno Craft Beer Week on April 19, the festival features once-only strange beers like Bourbon Bacon Maple Stout, Red Eye Coffee IPA and Chipotle Lime Pineapple Ale. Normal brews are strictly prohibited.
The event gives local and regional brewers a chance to break out of their normal routine to make something wildly creative and weird. In the second year, Strange Brew Festival grew from 10 breweries to 18 with the addition of breweries that didn’t exist last year and new regional players like Ninkasi Brewing, Sierra Nevada and Lagunitas.
“This is a celebration of uniquely crafted brews from local breweries,” wrote Brewer’s Cabinet. “Expect the unexpected! Most of the offerings from our local breweries will only be available at this festival. These brews will challenge your taste buds, your ideas of beers and your sensibilities.”
Strange Brew Fest will include live music from local bands and food trucks. Here’s the current list of breweries and their beers:
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch Saison
- Rocky Mountain Oyster Stout
- Mint Berry Sour
- Banana Nutella
- Tobassco IPA
- Organic Juice Blend Nitro ESB
- PEZ Saison
- Raspberry Rye Spring Ale
- Joshua Tree Ale
- Chocolate Milk Shake Stout
- Angry Irishman – Habanero Irish Red
The Depot Craft Brewery Distillery
- Lavender & Honey Sour Wheat
- Bourbon Bacon Maple Stout
Silverpeak Restaurant & Brewery
- Raspberry Lambic
- Coffee Nitro Epic IPA
- Red Eye Coffee IPA
- Fox Says Wee (Bourbon Barrel Stout/Smoke Wee Blend)
- Barrel Aged Belgian Dark Strong with Cherries
- Double Stout – Danish Salty Black Licorice
- Beet Down! – Belgian Triple Aged in Wine Barrels with Roasted Beets
- “Alex” Graham Cracker Porter
- Chipotle Lime Pinealle Ale
- Coffee IPA
- Torpedo IPA Grapefruit Cask
- Stout with Cherries & Cocoa Nibs Cask
- Sacramentale – Equinox Hops, Lemon Peel and Japanese Yuzu Juice
- Ground Control – Space Beer with Oregon Hazelnuts, Star Anise, Cocoa Nibs and ale yeast that’s been in outer space.
We’ll update this list as new beers are released, so check back!
Strange Brew Festival
Where: The Brewer’s Cabinet (back parking lot)
When: April 19, 2015 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Tickets: $40 pre-sale and $50 at the door for all you can drink. Purchase tickets here.
Latest posts by Mike Higdon (see all)
- Drinkable Reno sold out to The Man and it’s all your fault - July 11, 2015
- Branded Hearts Distillery is the fifth in Northern Nevada - June 3, 2015
- Virginia City Muckfest: Mining, Whiskey & Cigars 2015 - May 30, 2015
- Definitive guide to the craft beer scene at Lake Tahoe and Truckee - May 21, 2015
- Bacon, Bourbon and Brews 2015 moves to Peppermill - May 18, 2015
One thought on “Strange Brew Festival set for beginning of Reno Craft Beer Week”
Comments are closed.