High Sierra Brewing Co. restaurant will close its doors at the end of today (March 29)
High Sierra Brewing Co. will live on, but not in Carson City. Owner Jim Phalan struck a deal with Baldini’s Casino in Sparks, Nevada to continue brewing HSB beer and open a tasting room. They will serve HSB at the Carson City Firkin & Fox pub in the Fox Den room as long as they can before moving to the new location.
“We just put a deposit on a new brew house (March 26) and will be picking it up at the craft brewers conference the second week in April,” Phalan said in a message.
Ultimately, the rent in the current restaurant was not sustainable. As sales increased, the rent increased with it, cutting into an already low profit margin. Even if the rent were sustainable, the restaurant would’ve closed temporarily for renovations and updates to the building at the end of June.
Latest posts by Mike Higdon (see all)
- Drinkable Reno sold out to The Man and it’s all your fault - July 11, 2015
- Branded Hearts Distillery is the fifth in Northern Nevada - June 3, 2015
- Virginia City Muckfest: Mining, Whiskey & Cigars 2015 - May 30, 2015
- Definitive guide to the craft beer scene at Lake Tahoe and Truckee - May 21, 2015
- Bacon, Bourbon and Brews 2015 moves to Peppermill - May 18, 2015
One thought on “High Sierra Brewing Co. finds new home at Baldini’s Casino in Sparks, Nevada”
Comments are closed.