Neopolitan Porter, winner of people’s choice award at Backwash, on tap at Silver Peak this weekend
This is a press release and includes no original reporting.
The People’s Choice beer from the third annual Backwash event will be tapped on Saturday, June 7 at Silver Peak Brewery on Wonder Street in Reno.
Created by local homebrewers and beer enthusiasts, Backwash is a fundraiser for Project Great Outdoors, a non-profit organization that works to improve the lives of under-served and under-resourced young people in our community.
Jave Patterson’s Neopolitan Porter will be part of Silver Peak’s lineup beginning this weekend. The brew is an exotic combination of strawberry, vanilla and coco nibs in a smooth and creamy porter style.
The craft homebrewers tasting event raised more than $12,000 last November at the Siena Hotel Spa Casino with more than 50 beers and ales from the region’s top homebrewers. The celebration of hops helps Project Great Outdoors — comprised of outdoor guides, educators and community leaders — change the lives of troubled youth by giving them a healthier outlook on life through outdoor activities and adventures. The money raised will go to serving more than 200 young people from Northern Nevada.
Latest posts by Mike Higdon (see all)
- Drinkable Reno sold out to The Man and it’s all your fault - July 11, 2015
- Branded Hearts Distillery is the fifth in Northern Nevada - June 3, 2015
- Virginia City Muckfest: Mining, Whiskey & Cigars 2015 - May 30, 2015
- Definitive guide to the craft beer scene at Lake Tahoe and Truckee - May 21, 2015
- Bacon, Bourbon and Brews 2015 moves to Peppermill - May 18, 2015